[argyllcms] Re: Bad gamut mapping from CMYK

  • From: Robert Hansen <robertdeanhansen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 14:30:46 -0500

Yes it's a spectrophotometer. Great for profiling proofers and digital
printers but really slow for the display.

On 24 August 2015 at 13:52, Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Aug 24, 2015, at 11:41 AM, Robert Hansen <robertdeanhansen@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

How long does a display cal take the average user? I have a eye one,
version B. I'm running OS X 1.10.4 and it takes me over an hour. Is this
normal?

Depends a great deal on the selected quality and the instrument, and to
some extent on the display itself.

If your i1 is the spectrophotometer as opposed to the display colorimeter,
and especially if you're using -q h, I wouldn't be too terribly surprised
at that sort of a running time.

For best results, pair an i1 Display Pro with a CCMX made with a
spectrophotometer for that display. It's the fastest option and gives the
highest quality results. The spectrophotometer measures the spectral
profile of the primaries, which is something the colorimeter can't do. The
colorimeter has a large aperture and low noise sensor that lets it quickly
and accurately measure low light conditions. Put the two together and it's
the best of both worlds.

b&