[argyllcms] Re: Bad gamut mapping from CMYK

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:52:43 -0700

On Aug 24, 2015, at 11:41 AM, Robert Hansen <robertdeanhansen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How long does a display cal take the average user? I have a eye one, version
B. I'm running OS X 1.10.4 and it takes me over an hour. Is this normal?

Depends a great deal on the selected quality and the instrument, and to some
extent on the display itself.

If your i1 is the spectrophotometer as opposed to the display colorimeter, and
especially if you're using -q h, I wouldn't be too terribly surprised at that
sort of a running time.

For best results, pair an i1 Display Pro with a CCMX made with a
spectrophotometer for that display. It's the fastest option and gives the
highest quality results. The spectrophotometer measures the spectral profile of
the primaries, which is something the colorimeter can't do. The colorimeter has
a large aperture and low noise sensor that lets it quickly and accurately
measure low light conditions. Put the two together and it's the best of both
worlds.

b&