[argyllcms] Re: Bad gamut mapping from CMYK

  • From: Robert Hansen <robertdeanhansen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:41:31 -0500

How long does a display cal take the average user? I have a eye one,
version B. I'm running OS X 1.10.4 and it takes me over an hour. Is this
normal?

Bob

On 24 August 2015 at 09:59, Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx> wrote:

May be the problem arises only with higher resolution profile, the -qh
parameter?
Coated ceramic media measurements was attached to my previous message. The
profile of same printer with the same inks but textile media with less
contrast (another and much more less bumpy data set) gives no inversion
even with less smoothing factor.
I wonder why the inversion took a place at such high smoothing factor as
-r3 I've used.

25 August 2015, 0:23 +10:00 Graeme Gill wrote:

Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
Have tried -S"ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc" without -nP -nS parameters. Seems to
be OK (perceptual):

The data set is a bit bumpy and has some not so well behaved regions, but
I don't see
any problems with black if the source intent used is the same one that the
profile gamut mapping is created for. i.e.:

colprof -v -qm -sISOcoated_v2_eci.icc RGB_Thermotransfer

cctiff ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc -ip RGB_Thermotransfer.icm
RGB_Thermotransfer.icm
RGBsurfall_cmyk.tif test.tif

looked pretty similar to

colprof -v -nP -sISOcoated_v2_eci.icc -qm RGB_Thermotransfer

cctiff -ip ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc -ir RGB_Thermotransfer.icm
RGB_Thermotransfer.icm
RGBsurfall_cmyk.tif test2.tif

in regard to the neutral behavior.

Graeme Gill.