[argyllcms] Bad gamut mapping from CMYK

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:35:01 +0300

Hello Graeme and the list.
I've got abnormal gamut mapping results for both perceptual and saturation
intents with both v1.8.0 and v1.7.0 versions.
I've issued this commands:

colprof -v -al -qh -r3 -S"USWebCoatedSWOP.icc" -nP -nS -P -Zp RGB_Thermotransfer
or
colprof -v -al -qh -r3 -S"ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc" -nP -nS -P -Zp
RGB_Thermotransfer

The relative intent is almost perfect for certain process:

http://content.foto.my.mail.ru/mail/nikolay_po/tech/s-1654.png

And there is a huge inversion in blacks:
Perceptual:

http://content.foto.my.mail.ru/mail/nikolay_po/tech/s-1653.png

and Relative:

http://content.foto.my.mail.ru/mail/nikolay_po/tech/s-1652.png

TI3 is attached in ZIP file. There are some high errors related to Cyan channel
(I suppose) but the data are "as is" and profile preliminary tests with sRGB
mapping are satisfactory good. Here is perceptual mapping from sRGB source
gamut grayscale:

http://content.foto.my.mail.ru/mail/nikolay_po/tech/s-1655.png

I've tried without  -nP -nS parameters. But the gamut stored in
USWebCoatedSWOP.icc  -nP -nS to be sure the source gamut is real.
You may find the USWebCoatedSWOP.icc and ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=62