[argyllcms] Re: Aw: Re: Instrument Access Failed

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 15:00:11 +1000

Lars-Daniel Weber wrote:

Can you add some kind of "resume from the last test" after the error occurs?

I don't know - it depends on whether the error is recoverable. I suspect
it is not - i.e. that the whole instrument driver and application state would
have to be saved, torn down, re-built and restored. This would be
a lot of work and very tricky to test and maintain, all to work around
an error that shouldn't happen. Far less work and a better result to fix the
error.

Also, my i1 has to re-calibrate on every calibration. Isn't there a way to
store
the calibration values? I have to remove it from the screen and have to place
it
on the calibration spot (did it 4 times last night). I'm afraid it will break
sametimes :)

The point is that the instrument drifts, and so needs recalibrating.
The initial calibration on each application start can be avoided
by using the -N flag, which is useful if you are using tools in
quick succession, but there is a timeout as well, and if it's too
long since the last calibration the calibration can't be avoided.

(Generally the timeout is much longer than it should be - I've seen noticeable
drift in the black of an i1pro from cold over a couple of minutes.)