[argyllcms] Re: Averaging measurements

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:04:17 +1000

Martin Weberg wrote:

I tried it and it does not take that much time.
I pasted the columns and changed number of patches from 1680 to 3360:
Is this right, or do I have to alter something else too?

That is sufficient. The indexes aren't used for anything when
making a profile. There is a speed penalty when compared
with pre-averaging the readings though, and there might
be some subtle differences in the profile, because there are
some heuristics that work from the number of samples, on
the assumption that they are independent samples.