[argyllcms] Re: Average bug/Density curves/ xicclu -g predictability issue

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:48:07 +1100

Elena [service address] wrote:

Well UCR is killing, from what I experimented in the past. GCR is another
story.

From my perspective the names "UCR" and "GCR" are virtually interchangeable.
Yes, way back in the dim dark pre-digital past, they implied different
treatment of off neutral axis K levels. But that's all it is, so they
are just two points in a continuum of black separation possibilities.

chose better matches than a constrained approach. But a properly chosen K
generation curve, an optimal one, is of vital importance not to desaturate
some dark areas too much - or even at all, it depends.

You don't get any such effect if it's colorimetry driven, rather than
device value driven.