[argyllcms] Re: Autotools again...

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:28:57 +1000

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

An additional point is the name conflict with littleCMS about icclink. Can you make the installation of icclink optional untill the issue might be solved otherwise (like renaming)?

I keep thinking about this, but haven't struck on a good alternative. Simple things like "plink" etc. are already widely used for other tools. "argylllink" is too long winded, "agllink" is too cryptic. Got any suggestions ? (I'd want to change "profile" as well, as it clashes with some system tools). Besides, I got to "icclink" first! :-)

would you consider taking these changes into your package and allow an double build system? It would help accepting your package for distributors on Linux.

I'm prepared to distribute it, but I'm not prepared to maintain it.