[argyllcms] Re: Argyll's udev rules

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:11:58 +0000

2009/12/22 Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>:
> We are? Aren't these just the USB vendor en product numbers? As in,
> they still need to be translated to a string like "Huey"?

You just need to add usb-db to the udev callouts list, and then you
get ID_VENDOR_FROM_DATABASE and ID_MODEL_FROM_DATABASE populated with
the English name. I've attached the 55-Argyll.rules that I'm currently
using.

Graeme, you probably want to update to this version in upstream
argyll. If nothing else, the ACL_MANAGE attributes ensures we only
limit device access to local users, not just all users, which may or
may not be a security concern.

Richard.