[argyllcms] Argyll's Interactive Tools and Nokia's Qt

  • From: שחר קלינגר <sklinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:27:23 +0300

Hello,

I'm developing a personal application with a GUI that uses Argyll's tools for measuring and manipulating colors. The application is built using Nokia's Qt framework on Ubuntu Linux. Problems begin when calling an interactive tool, namely 'spotread'. I'm getting a 'tcgetattr' error with an invalid parameter on STDIN. From what I understand this means that I cannot use the interactive tools outside of a real terminal.

Basically, what I need to do is very simple: when the user presses the button 'Measure' in the application, Argyll will activate the instrument automatically and read a patch, returning the result on STDOUT. No need for any user input. Can this be done without me delving deep into the source code?

Thank you for any help,
S. Klinger