[argyllcms] Re: Argyll-dev ebuild and Argyll over ssh

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 05:18:59 +1100

2. Argyll over SSH
I have argyll installed on machine A.  I want to calibrate the screen on laptop
B, running Fedora 7. I tried using the binary distribution on B, but it failed,
missing libXss.so.  So I thought, why not plug my DTP94 into machine A, ssh from
B to A, and then have argyll display its color square remotely on B's screen.  I
tried this, but argyll doesn't seem to support $DISPLAY, and instead, the color
square showed up on machine A's screen.  Has anyone gotten argyll working over
ssh? Alternatively, does anyone have a working argyll rpm for Fedora 7?

It does look at $DISPLAY, and does seem to do the right thing when
I invoke it from (say) an X terminal session. Are you sure that
$DISPLAY was set correctly, and that it is set to B's display ?

For instance, if you run xterm from A, does it pop up on B ?

Try running dispwin to diagnose what's going on. Note that
you can't run remote calibration unless the VideoLUT's are accessible
remotely (ie. that the remote X server supports the XF86VidMode
extension.

Graeme Gill