[argyllcms] Re: Argyllcms 1.0.1 packaged in fedora-devel

  • From: Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:14:52 +0200

On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 19:46 +0200, edmund ronald wrote:
> Fréderic,

For the record, I'm in total agreement with Frédéric

>  I may be missing the point about this debate, but the incredible
> thing about Graeme's  binaries is that one can untar them into a
> directory under Mac OS or Linux, type a command line and they actually
> work with the set of instruments they support.

Last I've seen it wasn't available on PPC and people reported problems
under 64bit systems.

>  There is no
> dependency-hell as far as I can see.

But anyway, that's not the point. Nobody is making you use Frédéric's
binaries (or mine) instead of Graeme's. However we do have users who are
not satisfied with Graeme's version, and it would be nice if producing a
proper distro package was less work.

--
Nicolas Mailhot