[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS Version 1.0.0 released

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 00:13:48 +1000

Udo Lembke wrote:
i think that's not the problem. With the V0.7B8 both versions (32bit and 64bit) are running:

V1.0.0 uses XRandR 1.2 if available because it correctly deals
with Multi-monitor VideoLUT access, and the drivers you are using
don't seem to properly implement it. I'd suggest reporting this
to whoever is responsible for the Video drivers as a bug
if X11 multimonitor and color management is ever to improve.

In the meantime, I've updated the patched versions
<www.argyllcms.com/linux_disp_exe.tgz>
and <www.argyllcms.com/V1.0.0_patches.txt>
to disable the use of XRandR 1.2 if the
environment variable ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2 is
set (ie. to "yes"). You should be able to
use this to get the old behavior.

the card is an cheap ati: 02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AP [Radeon 9600]

Right, but what driver and what driver version are you using ?