[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.8.0 Released

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 14:17:30 +1000

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

Still -yl is being listed as a valid (fallback) option:

-y f Smile: LCD with CCFL backlight [Default,CB1]
e Smile: LCD with White LED backlight
L Smile: LCD CCFL Wide Gamut IPS (WG CCFL LG LM240WU4)
l|c Other: l = LCD, c = CRT

Hi,
-l is not being listed as a fallback option for the Smile. Each
instrument
identified has its valid options listed, so Smile has f, e or L. "Other" is for
instruments that can't be automatically identified such as the DTP92.

This issue seems reproducible with my i1 Display Pro as well, so I presume
it's a generic issue with the select key framework, as opposed to being a
colorimeter specific issue.

I changed the way the options are determined slightly, to fix a reported bug
in the and to allow CCMX/CCSS's selection characters to take priority. As a
consequence, alternate selectors are not being offered.

I'll see what I can do to add them back in again, when they don't clash
with higher priority selectors. Note for instance that a CCMX or CCSS
selector will take priority.