[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.8.0 Released

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 10:37:38 +1000

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

After reading both parts of your Cube investigation I can't help
myself wondering if you sent them the URLs and whether you got any
feedback from them :)

I did contact them about an SDK (yes they have one/are working on one,
but no surprise that it's not much use to me), and did let them know
about my research, but it seems that their focus is much more about
marketing and distribution than it is about improving the technical
performance of their instrument (witness their recent series A funding
and re-branding from "SwatchMate" to "Palette"). I thought that perhaps
they may have been interested in my improved calibration
table, but it seems not. I guess most of the users of the Cube are
simply not very conscious or critical of the accuracy of the measurements
they are making, or are simply thrilled by the ability to measure color at all
:-)

The one thing that really impresses me about SwatchMate/Palette, is their
ability to garner publicity. I wish I was half as skill-full ...