[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.5.1 released

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:59:43 +1100

Boris Samorodov wrote:

> 1.5.1-beta which you published after experiments with PC-BSD. Sorry,
> I disn't manage to find any revision info at sources.

Hi,
        On closer examination, I don't understand how ArgyllCMS
appeared to work in any previous versions. The libusb/Jamfile
isn't setup properly, and when it is, libusb/bsd.c fails to
compile.

libusb/Jamfile

if $(OS) = MACOSX {
    OSFILE = darwin ;
} else if $(OS) = FREEBSD || $(OS) = OPENBSD {
    OSFILE = bsd ;
} else {
    OSFILE = linux ;
}

I was simply going on a report from some time ago
that FreeBSD worked with libusb 0.1 It appears that this is no
longer the case. The V1.5.1 release compiles libusb 0.1 as if
it was linux. Perhaps some semblance of linux compatibility
was making it appear as if it worked.