[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.2.0 has been released

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:18:32 +0400

Graeme! Thank You for Your Efforts!

About new gamut mapping - it is the other thing now. I've noticed that the
saturated areas go datrker than before at my inkjets. The improvement: the
gradients with extreme saturation of colors are more balanced by tone between
its ends. But the darkness of saturated colors are the drawback in some
situations.
I think that in general, new mapping is better, than the old one. But I should
expriment and work more to understand the behavior of new mapping better.