[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC2 is now available

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 23:13:20 +0000

Hi :)

Graeme Gill wrote:

Would 0.0001 be better (0.01%) ?

Presumably the comparison is done on device values? Since the provided power provides a hint as to the device response, maybe it would make more sense to reverse the power function before making the comparison?

The thing is though, that these spacer colors will be used as spacers
anyway. The ink limit will apply to the spacer color, so using -l 100
will (should ?) currently work.

Ah - sorry, my mistake. This was an issue with 103 but seems to be working fine with 110RC2. I think I managed to omit the -l100 from my test commands yesterday.

On an unrelated note, I've acquired a second-hand EFI ES-1000 (re-badged i1pro) and (as I was advised when I asked on the list some months ago) it works just fine with Argyll, and makes a good job of profiling one cheap TFT monitor that defeated my DTP94. Is it worth adding this "alias" for the i1pro to the documentation at some point?

Another couple of non-urgent wishlist features, by the way:
When chartread detects that you've scanned, say, strip D instead of strip C, the user currently has to discard perfectly good measurements for strip D, read strip C, then re-read strip D. Any chance of an option to tell chartread to keep those erroneous readings and use them for strip D?

Also, when I come across a stubborn instrument or damaged testchart, and find that there's a strip I can't read, I currently have to abort reading the entire chart. This is particularlly galling if the unreadable strip is one of the last ones! Under those circumstances, I'd find it very useful to be able to skip the bad strip, read the rest of the chart and simply make do without that strip.

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson