[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC2 is now available

  • From: Roland Mas <lolando@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:23:41 +0100

Graeme Gill, 2009-12-15 00:31:16 +1100 :

> Roland Mas wrote:
>>   Not directly in Argyll, true, but the zip archive contains rfc4627.txt
>> in the jcnf/jayl directory.
>
> At the top of the memo it says:
>
>   "This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
>    not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
>    memo is unlimited."
>
> Which would indicate that copying it is not an issue.

  Sure, but we Debian people have a reputation to maintain, and we like
the license (or whatever takes its place, such as the statement you
quoted) to explicitly permit modification and redistribution of those
modifications.

> It's easy enough to remove replace the document with a URL though.

  That would do nicely.  Otherwise, just removing a file isn't a complex
thing to do and it's mostly automated in my workflow as a packager
anyway :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Je suis un anti-virus de signature.
Copiez-moi dans la vôtre pour éliminer les virus de signature !