[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC2 is now available

  • From: Roland Mas <lolando@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:40:42 +0100

Richard Hughes, 2009-12-11 09:28:32 +0000 :

> 2009/12/10 Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>        I'm not very happy about the idea that there is something
>> called "ArgyllCMS 1.1.0 RC2" out there that doesn't actually behave
>> exactly like ArgyllCMS 1.1.0 RC2.
>
> I'm thinking of doing the same for Fedora -- pushing in the udev
> changes, ripping out the custom libusb stuff and that sort of thing.
> Would it be okay for me to generate a tarball called
> hargyll-1.1.0-rc2? so people don't get confused? I can use any other
> prefix or suffix (or name) if you want.
>
> I _don't_ want to fork Argyll, I just wanting a single UNIXy tarball
> that I can sync with your releases every few months that is suitable
> for distros to just slurp up.

  That's about exactly what I already do with my "midstream" branch.  It
currently mostly includes the autotools conversion, the removal of a
non-free RFC, and the removal of the custom libusb stuff (as well as
patches taken from Graeme when a bugfix is published on this list
between releases).  I haven't touched the udev or policykit stuff yet,
but I think it would be a good place for them too.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

prw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Jan  1  1970 This-is-not-a-pipe|