[argyllcms] ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC2 is now available

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 22:44:24 +1100

I've attempted to address most of the issues raised by the V1.1.0 RC1
release with an RC2 release. If no-one finds any serious problems
with it, I'll promote it to the formal V1.1.0 release in due course.

    Sources: <http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.1.0_RC2_src.zip>

    Executables:
        MSWindows: <http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.1.0_RC2_win32_exe.zip>
        OS X PPC 10.3+:
<http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.1.0_RC2_osx10.3_ppc_bin.tgz>
        OS X Intel 10.4+
<http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.1.0_RC2_osx10.4_i86_bin.tgz>
        Linux Intel 32 bit
<http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.1.0_RC2_linux_x86_bin.tgz>
        Linux Intel 64 bit
<http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.1.0_RC2_linux_x86_64_bin.tgz>

Summary of changes from V1.1.0 RC1:

*   Re-worked gamut mapping to improve saturation levels within the bulk of the
gamut,
    as well as improve hue preservation. The overall "look" should be closer to
    that of V1.0.4, while retaining more detail. (It's a bit faster too!)

*   Added CIE C type illuminant spectrum support.

*   Modified DTP20 driver to double check for an offline read chart in case it
    is running old firmware.

*   Added device power value for targen to allow calibrating devices that have
    extreme non linearity.

*   Fixed bug in targen when full spread patches were mixed with other test
patch types.

*   Updated yajl library to latest version.

*   Improved X11 XRandR CRTC detection

*   Added verbosity level to profcheck to match invprofcheck.

*   Clarified licensing of various files (GPLv2+ files, reference files and
documentation).