[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC1 is now available

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:00:57 +1100

Gerhard Fürnkranz wrote:

I think with "gamma adjustment" Alastair really means a (non-linear) adjustment
of the mid-tones (and not just a linear scaling in order to stretch a smaller
"usable range" to the full 0..100% range).

Hi Gerhard,
        yes I know these are different things, but I am wondering
if they are trying to address the same issue, since I haven't
found the need to a "gamma adjustment" in the same sort of
situation of feeding into the screening stage, just "usable range".

Graeme.