[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC1 is now available

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 23:47:58 +0000

Hi :)

Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:

I completely agree with Alastair.
Graeme, I suggest to include the inverted calibration curves into profiling
process and compute wither ink limit reached or not with backward conversion of
linearization. By such way the limits can be truly physical and real amount of
inks can be accounted.

I think Graeme said once before that he already had hooks in place in preparation for handling that.

However, when working with inkjets there's an additional gamma adjustment required - outside the regular calibration path. Normally it's buried inside the printer driver, but with enough control over the driver (which we have with Gutenprint) it doesn't have to be.

Ideally this additional gamma adjustment would be brought into the calibration path, because of the implications it has for ink limiting. But failing that, taking it into account alongside the calibration curves when computing patches' coverage would help.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson