[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC1 is now available

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 10:42:04 +1100

Philip Pemberton wrote:
Dare I ask if this supports the Spyder3Print spectro (Datacolor model 1005 if memory serves)?

No, the Spyder3Print is not supported.

And if not, what would I need to do to get support added?
FYI, I have a USB analyser (hardware based) so USB protocol traces would be very easy to acquire.

Sorry, I'm afraid that I'm simply not prepared to reverse engineer support
for that instrument - it would be a lot of work, I don't have one, there's
nothing in it for me, and too much else I need to do (iSis and i0 are higher
on the list. Barbieri is higher on the list.).

It is not going to be much like any of the other instruments, since
it's based on different principles (Colored LED illumination).

If someone was prepared to reverse engineer the USB protocol and
the required maths to compute the color and document it, I'd be
prepared to write the driver code and add it to Argyll :-)

cheers,