[argyllcms] ArgyllCMS 1.6.3 work with DTP20?

  • From: Jerry Chan <jchan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 00:00:20 -0500

I am a new to Argyll trying to get ArgyllCMS 1.6.3 working with a DTP20 for scanning targets printed from Argyll. The DTP20 works with the XRite software but I am not having any luck with ArgyllCMS. Tried running DTP20 firmware 1.02 and 1.03 with no success.

I get as far as running chartread.exe but I get the following error:

$ chartread -v -D pulse_elite_1140
usb_get_paths: found instrument vid 0x0765, pid 0xd020
icoms_get_paths: There don't appear to be any FTDI serial ports
icoms_get_paths: There don't appear to be any serial ports
Steps in each Pass = 30
Passes in each Strip = 19, 19
 Instrument Type:       DTP20
 Serial Number:         001984
 Main Date Code:        FB01
 Main Version:          1.03
 Boot Version:          1.03
The battery charged level is 100%

Ready to read strip pass A
Press 'f' to move forward, 'b' to move back, 'n' for next unread,
 'd' when done, Esc or 'q' to quit without saving.
Trigger instrument switch or any other key to start:dtp20: read response failed ICOM err 0x4000
dtp20: read response failed ICOM err 0x4000
dtp20: read response failed ICOM err 0x4000
dtp20: read response failed ICOM err 0x4000

Strip read failed due to communication problem.
Hit Esc or 'q' to give up, any other key to retry:

I have tried running on XP, W7 32-bit, W7 64-bit (three different machines) and they all fail the same way.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated