[argyllcms] Re: Argyll crashes in Win 10

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 09:48:05 +1100

tom.stahnke@xxxxxx wrote:
> I am trying to use Argyll with the lastest Win 10 (Build 9879) and my X-Rite
> i1Display Pro, but so far without much success.

Hi,
        I'm afraid I don't really have the time available to
investigate Win 10 until it becomes a reality (ie. is released,
hopefully not for some time). My test system started playing up
a month ago, and now doesn't boot to Win XP, Win7 or Win8, although
it still boots to the Linux partitions OK.
It's a pity if WIn 10 is shaping up to be incompatible with existing
applications though.

> Setting up the instrument -> now it crashes
> What I have tried so far:
> Use the beta 1.7 provided here
> http://www.cinetson.org/phpBB3/video-f6/auto-calibration-diffuseur-sur-pchc-3dlut-t38547.html

If you're compiling from the V1.7 beta source, then why don't you run
it under a debugger and trap the exact point at which it crashes ?

> Tried to install the Argyll driver as described here under win 8.1 to install
> unsigned drivers:
> http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_MSWindows.html or
> https://tushev.org/articles/blog/item/55-getting-argyll-dispcalgui-working-under-windows-81-64-bit
> but the driver is not installed with the following error message:
> The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for
> your
> device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work
> with
> Windows for x64-based systems.

Doesn't sound very promising then - perhaps there is some new wrinkle in the
required .inf file setup for Win 10, although there is no need to install
the USB drivers for the i1d3.