[argyllcms] Re: Argyll V1.3.5 released

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:20:47 +1100

János, Tóth F. wrote:
> Which Spectracal version, the basic Display Pro OEM (available from
> othes too) or the modified C6 (unique Spectracal re-calibration)?

I suspect it is the Display Pro OEM. It would not surprise me if
the C6 works as well though (ie., It would be a little surprising if
X-Rite is supplying two different OEM models to SpectraCal.)
The way I read it the C6 simply comes with some extra .edr
files that they have created for a range of displays, + the
NIST certificate.
[The .edr files can be converted to .ccss files using i1d3ccss.]

It's possible that SpectrCal are hand picking the C6's from the
Display Pro OEM's they get, but from what I understand about how
the i1d3 has been designed and characterized, there may not be much
to gain from doing that.

If it turns out that the C6 doesn't work, then someone who has one and
is interested in getting it to work should contact me.