[argyllcms] Re: Argyll + Firefox

  • From: James Cloos <cloos+freelists-argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 01:47:39 -0400

>>>>> "MM" == Marti Maria <marti.maria.s@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

MM> http://littlecms2.blogspot.com/2010/05/web-color-management.html

I tried that in a few browsers and image viewers.  As expected, most
did no management.  In fact, only Gecko any at all.

I was surprised that eog (Eye of Gnome), configured and linked with
lcms1, did no management.

None of links, chromium, arora (uses qt-webkit), epiphany (gtk-webkit)
or any of the image viewers did any management.

I am of course unsurprised by most of those, but I had hoped for more
from webkit.

On the plus side, opening test1.jpg in gimp-2.6 brought up a dialog
pointing out the embedded profile and asking whether to use it to
convert the file to sRGB.  Selecting yes finally showed me what the
jpeg is intended to look like. :)

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6