[argyllcms] Re: Argyll + Firefox

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 23:16:55 +0200

Hi,

The Windows 7 "Photo Viewer" application uses only the matrix part and
shows RGB shifted to GRB, while the Windows 7 file manager
("Explorer") uses the LUT part to colour manage its JPEG previews, so
those are shown with correct colours, as do other applications that
invoke/use the Windows CMM.

The Windows 7 explorer thumbnails definitely aren't using the display's associated profile. My guess is that they are colormanaged, but probably with a default internal destination profile (sRGB? On my wide-gamut TFT the thumbnails look overly saturated). Maybe Firefox is doing something similar, ie. silently defaulting to sRGB as destination profile if it can't cope with the display profile?

--
Florian Höch
http://hoech.net