[argyllcms] Re: Argyll + Firefox

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:30:56 +1000

Magnus Berg wrote:
Does or doesn't Firefox 3.5.9 work with Argyll profiles?

It's hard to say. It probably works with matrix based display profiles.

went crazy and created their own CMM to replace it. Their CMM is
rather primitive. Feel free to encourage them to revert to sanity,
or at least bring their CMM up to some level of usability.]

I had had my Firefox unmanaged quite a long time now and it gets more and more
frustrating. I had a XYZ LUT + matrix profile that work with Gimp and Geany but
not
with Firefox. It's really no fun then I looking at pictures on photographic
sites with
my wide gammut display. I have read the thread "XYZ LUT profile unable to be
installed
on Windows XP or used with Firefox". ( //www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/XYZ-LUT-profile-unable-to-be-installed-on-Windows-XP-or-used-with-Firefox-35
 ) I don't understand how to make such a shaper + matrix profile that is said
to work
with Firefox. " "Just try -g or -s keys for colprof. The profile will be
shaper&matrix
 in the case and FireFox will handle such profiles well."

The example in the thread is: "colprof -v -qh -ax -A Sony -M GDM-F520 -C "(c)
2009" -D
"12-20-2009" -S "sRGB.icm" "12-20-2009"

The example creates a cLut based profile, which was the main topic of the
thread. For a matrix based profile you need to use -as or -ag or some other
matrix option (-aG, -aS).

So at its most basic:

        colprof -v -as -D "Description" basename

which reads in the basename.ti3 and spits out basename.icc