[argyllcms] Re: Argyll DeviceLinks under CC lic / next steps ?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 17:41:34 +1100

Jan-Peter Homann wrote:

have You ever thought about also to define a licence for the profiles generated with Argyll ? Especially concerning devicelinks, all commercial vendors take a lot of money, if such profiles are bundled with commercial applications.

That hasn't been my strategy. My strategy has been to make
Argyll different to other profiling solutions by conforming
to the more usual convention that the use of a tool (profiling
software or a word processor) doesn't change the authorship
of the resulting "document".

Ultimately I'd prefer to sell profiling tools rather than
profiles :-)

As I understand your last e-mail, it would cureently be possible to bundle Argyll devicelinks with commercial solutions without paying any licence fee to You...

Sure. But my assumption is that many people will want
some level of customization for different situations,
and therefore will want to buy a tool that lets them
do that.