[argyllcms] Re: Argyll 1.6.0 - Shallow blacks on Epson 3880

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:00:13 +1000

Jacek Pytowski wrote:
> I've just check my recent ti3 file and this is exactly this!
> Damn how it is possible that there isn't even one post about it here on
> argyll list!
> I've lost 3 days and over 24 pages trying to figure out what is wrong :(

Hi,
        well of course that's rather unfortunate, but it's the way
things are. The regression was introduced in V1.5 which was released
7 months ago, and it is a subtle enough problem that my usual sanity
checking didn't spot anything. The first report that I have received about
this problem was 8 days ago, and I've since spent a good proportion
of my working week attempting to figure out exactly what has changed
and why it has the effect it has.

> Do you know maybe if v1.4 works under Win8 x64 ?

No it doesn't - you have to use the 32 bit version.