[argyllcms] Re: Applying a color profile to an image file

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:32:26 +0100

Hi :)

Klaus Karcher wrote:

hmmm ... I don't to catch on how you want to profile a printer with a camera? There are some hints in the Argyll documentation about how to use a scanner as a poor man's colorimeter, but I guess this won't work with a camera.

It does actually, provided the lighting is absolutely consistent between photographing the IT8.7 target and the printer profiling target, and provided the camera doesn't do anything "clever" to optimize the image.

See: //www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/using-a-digital-camera-as-a-colorimeter

Needless to say the results don't compare with those produced with a colorimeter or spectrophotometer - but then they don't with a scanner either.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson