[argyllcms] Re: Anybody successfully using a DTP51 with Mac OS X?

  • From: "Karl Heinz Kremer" <khk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 07:43:11 -0400

I was finally able to update the firmware. I went from 3607 to 6520. I
don't know what exactly did it, but I played around with the serial
configuration on the device. Even though I turned off flow control a
few days ago, somehow it was enabled again. After I turned it off, the
update worked.

I have not had a chance yet to actually use the device with the new
firmware. This has to wait until tonight.

Karl Heinz


On 7/2/07, Karl Heinz Kremer <khk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for trying this. This at least shows that it's not a problem
with just my device. Maybe I should just start saving money for a i1
:)

Karl Heinz

On 7/2/07, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
>
> > Yes, my device has very old firmware. I'm trying to update it with the
> > latest version that's available on the X-Rite web site - so far
> > without success. The uploader does not talk to my device either... No
> > luck under WinXP, Win98's dos shell or Freedos.
>
> Hmm. I just got out my DTP51 and tried it with -v, and it too
> doesn't support the GI command. It shows the firmware version
> 5127 on power up, while the last firmware from X-Rite is 6520.
>
> I couldn't get the firmware to download either - the loader
> was probing the port, and in fact starts communicating with
> the instrument (using an undocumented protocol), but the instrument
> responds with "<01>" then "<81>" at some stage, so the loader
> gives up and starts trying other baud rates. Maybe the firmware
> is so old that it can't be upgraded in this manner.
> (I used sysinternals portmon on MSWindows to see what
>   was going on).
>
> Graeme Gill.
>
>


Other related posts: