[argyllcms] Re: Anybody successfully using a DTP51 with Mac OS X?

  • From: "Karl Heinz Kremer" <khk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 05:34:11 -0400

Thanks for trying this. This at least shows that it's not a problem
with just my device. Maybe I should just start saving money for a i1
:)

Karl Heinz

On 7/2/07, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:

> Yes, my device has very old firmware. I'm trying to update it with the
> latest version that's available on the X-Rite web site - so far
> without success. The uploader does not talk to my device either... No
> luck under WinXP, Win98's dos shell or Freedos.

Hmm. I just got out my DTP51 and tried it with -v, and it too
doesn't support the GI command. It shows the firmware version
5127 on power up, while the last firmware from X-Rite is 6520.

I couldn't get the firmware to download either - the loader
was probing the port, and in fact starts communicating with
the instrument (using an undocumented protocol), but the instrument
responds with "<01>" then "<81>" at some stage, so the loader
gives up and starts trying other baud rates. Maybe the firmware
is so old that it can't be upgraded in this manner.
(I used sysinternals portmon on MSWindows to see what
  was going on).