[argyllcms] Re: Anybody successfully using a DTP51 with Mac OS X?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:33:48 +1000

Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:

icoms: Write_Read called with 'GI^M'
About to write 'GI^M' ICOM err 0x0
icoms: Read called
icoms: About to return read '<01>' ICOM err 0x0
icoms: Read returning with 0x0
icoms: Write_Read Write_Read success, returning '<01>'

That's rather strange. The interface manual lists 'GI' as a valid
command, and as having no possible errors, yet a
"Bad Command" error is returned. Perhaps you instrument has very
old firmware ?

I can code it so this error is ignored, easily enough.

With some debugging, I figured out that if I let the software continue
in line 241 in dtp51.c instead of returning ev, I can actually read
all my color patches.

You would get the same effect by simply omitting the -v flag
from the command line.

There seems to be something wrong with how the return value is
determined after sending the "GI" command. I have not yet looked
deeper into the code to see if I can actually fix the software.

Does X-Rite (or now Gretag) have an API spec for this device that's
freely available? I checked the web site, but did not find anything.

It's not freely available, although they have been generous enough in
the past in letting interested people sign up as a "Parner", and
making such documents available.