[argyllcms] Re: Any plans to add Huey/Huey Pro/Sequel support in dispread?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:24:57 +1000

Mikolaj Tutak wrote:
I wonder if there are any plans to add Huey (and Huey pro) support in dispread utility. It's a cheaest (AFAIK) display calibration utility, with extremly crap software, so argyll could be nice repleacement ;-) I can be beta tester as Huey owner, however I didn't find any information on Huey USB protocol.

Not at the moment, no. I'd imagine it's a bit similar to the
Eye-One Display in how it is talked to, since it was developed
by the same people, but I don't have one, and I think that supporting
the Datacolor Spyder would be a higher priority.

I have also second display calibrator, it's USB Sequel Imaging C4U01 (under brand "WiziWYG Calibrator"). However I've no PC software in this case (broken CD - only Mac version exists). Any idea to run this calibrator with dispread?!

It's unlikely to work, unless it's identical to the Eye-One Display 1.
If that were so, then it would be a matter of making the USB identification
be an alias to the Eye-One.

The Gretag drivers would seem to support all the instruments that
Sequel have ever made, so it would be much more likely to work
with any package that uses that library.