[argyllcms] Re: Any guidelines for creating scanner profiles with Argyll?

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 22:05:04 -0500

Hi Gerard,

> Roger, sure, why not. Just print the target of your choice, measure the
> patches accurately with a spectrometer/colorimeter and create a
> reference file for your target from these measurements (analog to the
> reference file which you got for your IT8 target). For using your target
> with scanin, you'll also need a .cht file (if you use targen/printtarg,
> then printtarg can create the .cht file for you).

Yes, das ist klaar (clear?)!

I have some study to do. Especially since I want to create my own
characterisation target.

I will be scanning inkjet or possibly color laser media with my students to
demonstrate the process of calibrating a desktop scanner or, for that
matter, a digital kamera. So, very important to discuss the issues of
metamerie in the context of scanner profile and media type. Thank you so
much for replying.

I may (should?) come back mit vielen frage...

Roger Breton