[argyllcms] Re: Android - color management

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 04:44:25 +0200

Could you please explain how did you set up the Firefox browser under the
Android OS?

I created an ICM profile (shaper+matrix with ArgyllCMS) for the
oversaturated (>AdobeRGB) OLED screen of a Galaxy SII (rooted custom
firmware) but I have no idea how I should give Firefox the location of this
file.
Imputing /sdcard/outfile.icm or /mnt/sdcard/outfile.icm or simply
outfile.icm didn't win (I set the browser to always apply the profile for
every rendered graphichs with Absolute colorimetry, so it should be obvious
when it works).

I am not really familiar with Android. Actually I just unpacked this (my
first Android based) phone today (and I spent most of this day by
installing custom firmwares and of course, profiling the display :D), so I
am not sure how Firefox sees the file system and what it expects to be
entered for the Gfx.color management.display.profile parameter.