[argyllcms] Re: Android Pics viewer with color profile support

  • From: Fabian Etling <fabianetling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:25:27 +0200

Am 10.04.13 19:54, schrieb ??? ??????:
Hi Fabian,

How did you incorporate Argyll into your app? Did you use JNI? Also, I saw you included sRGB v4 in the app. Since Argyll only supports v2 profiles, how did you implement this? I installed Colibri and tested it, but unfortunately the conversion is extremely slow on my device (Samsung Galaxy Ace) - converting a single RGB color to CMYK took 8 seconds. The image conversion hung up the phone and I was forced to close it.

I'll be happy to see this grow into a fast, fully color managed image viewer some day.

Good luck, and all the best,
Shahar Klinger

Hi Shahar,

yes I did use JNI. Concerning v4 profiles: you're right, the app will crash when you try to use a v4 profile for image transformation (which is performed with Argyll). For transformation of single color patches I use Little CMS which supports also v4 profiles.

Conversion speed indeed is a problem, even though on my testing devices (Samsung Galaxy Nexus and LG Nexus 4) there is much less delay (almost none for single colors and approx. 8s for an 8MP image).

However, I keep working on the app when I find the time and I'm eager to improve it!

All the best,
Fabian