[argyllcms] Re: Am I stupid or is it something else... my color management sucks.

  • From: Magnus Berg <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:25:13 +0200

Thanks for your answers Roger and Steffen.

Steffen: I knew it, it was me who was stupid. :-) It's no way around a new color meter.

Roger: I just find out that I can buy a Eye-One Display LT for not much more than a Spider 3. Which one should I chose?

Magnus

2010-04-11 15:16, Steffen skrev:

The Sypder2 is indeed the problem here. It is not compatible with
widegamut displays. They added 'support' for this with the spyder3.

Greets,
Steffen

Am 11.04.2010 14:38, schrieb Magnus Berg:
Thank you for your answer Roger.

I have read the same thing during my search for a solution; that Spyder
2 can differ from one unit to unit. And yes, if no one else here on the
list has any better suggestion to a solution I'm willing to buy a new
color meter. Spyder 3 it's that expensive.

Magnus

2010-04-11 14:17, Roger Breton skrev:
Magnus,

I have two Spyder2 here and one of them results in profiles with a
terrible
green cast. I would not be surprised that the instrument itself is the
source of your problems.

Roger