[argyllcms] Re: Accuracy of ccss versus ccmx

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:48:13 -0700

On Dec 10, 2015, at 9:25 AM, Ver Greeneyes <vergreeneyes1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there any situation where a ccss file will lead to more accurate results
than a ccmx file?

Rather than give you an answer for that exact question, let me cut to the
chase: if you’re after the best quality results, use a ccmx file specific to
your actual hardware.

The advantage of the ccss file is flexibility. And, in environments where you
have multiple workstations with multiple instruments instruments that you move
around and the like, it’s the most manageable solution and therefore the most
accurate. But if you have the luxury of having both a spectrometer and a
colorimeter and the time to use them both for each display (as I myself do —
and I even just happen to be in the process of profiling displays this
morning), then go the ccmx route.

b&