[argyllcms] Accuracy of ccss versus ccmx

  • From: Ver Greeneyes <vergreeneyes1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 17:25:13 +0100

I just got a brand new i1Display Pro, and I'm trying to decide whether to
use a ccss file or a ccmx file. I found [1], but I noticed that a ccss file
appears to store a lot more information (all the spectral data), where a
ccmx file just stores a 3x3 matrix.

Is there any situation where a ccss file will lead to more accurate results
than a ccmx file? I have both a spectrophotometer and the colorimeter close
to hand, so I don't mind doing two sets of measurements if the ccmx file
will make the i1Display Pro more accurate. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Emanuel Hoogeveen

[1] https://www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/CCSS-v-CCMX,1