[argyllcms] Re: Absolute light meter calibration?

  • From: Marwan Daar <marwan.daar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 19:55:40 -0400

If I had to guess, I'd assume that all the power goes into the light, and that
you can treat the bulb as a point source and probably make the measurement off
a lambertian reflector at a measured distance...but I know I'm missing some
details.

b&
.

I think this might depend on the emissivity of the object (an emissivity of 1.0 is an ideal black body, which I think only exists as an ideal). So a tungsten filament is more likely a gray body.

Not sure if these would fit your needs - they're more for wavelength calibration.

https://www.newport.com/Pencil-Style-Calibration-Lamps/377846/1033/info.aspx