[argyllcms] Re: Absolute light meter calibration?

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 14:57:58 -0700

On Aug 7, 2015, at 1:52 PM, Marwan Daar <marwan.daar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After consulting with a friend, the idea was to use a tungsten filament.

That's kinda what I had in mind, but I'm not so sure about the specifics. I
know how to get the temperature from the spectrum...but the power is what I'm
looking for and basically ignorant about -- both the math and the basic
principles. If I had to guess, I'd assume that all the power goes into the
light, and that you can treat the bulb as a point source and probably make the
measurement off a lambertian reflector at a measured distance...but I know I'm
missing some details.

b&