[argyllcms] Re: Absolute light meter calibration?

  • From: Jean-Pierre Vial <vialups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 21:57:49 +0200

Le 13/08/2015 18:43, Ben Goren a écrit :

That's why I'm thinking that lamp black might be a good choice. (Hold the
filament over a sooty flame until the filament is evenly and thickly covered
in soot. Would require a good vacuum else the soot would combine with air at
high temperatures.) At the least, lamp black is within shouting distance of a
black body in the visible spectrum, and I _think_ it's equally black across
the whole spectrum -- but that's something I'd need to confirm.

A much simpler solution in this line would be a lamp with carbon
filament (like the fist electric lamps in the 19e century). You can
still buy them for a very moderate price (less than 10€), they are sold
as decorative lamps.
Problem: 2200K only.
Maybe a little more by over-voltage, with shorter life. If you want to
try this, be sure to order several, because you will kill two or three
while looking for the best compromise.

--
Jean-Pierre Vial