[argyllcms] Re: Absolute light meter calibration?

  • From: Elle Stone <ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 16:29:25 -0400

On 08/07/2015 03:50 PM, Ben Goren wrote:

Can anybody suggest some sort of reliable way to get an accurate calibration in
absolute units of either a typical Sekonic meter or an i1 Pro in ambient mode
or something like that? I'm thinking, ideally, of a way of creating a light
source of dependably-known illuminance that I can measure. An unfrosted
incandescent bulb, maybe? And some way of verifying that the wattage printed on
the bulb matches what it's doing? And the math to calculate the rest?

Maybe this page will be useful?

http://www.conservationphysics.org/lightmtr/luxmtr1.php