[argyllcms] Re: About Hi-Res spectral mode

  • From: Sam Berry <samkberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:05:03 +0100

On 25 October 2010 19:04, János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In my experience, the highest difference between continuous colormunki
> measurements are in the dE2k 0.3 range (in Adaptive HiRes mode). So, it's
> not bad if the HiRes mode can theoretically double the precision on some
> specific points.

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying. Can you explain what you mean by
'double the precision' a little more?

I do not believe that Hi-res mode has any effect on precision; only a
theoretical one on accuracy. I (at least) was comparing measurement of the
same colour using both normal and hi-res modes, not continuous measurement
using hi-res alone. I can see no reason why hi-res mode would improve
reading consistency.

Sam Berry
www.satsumatree.co.uk