[argyllcms] AW: [argyllcms]: EDID Setting in Catalyst Control Center-> Turn it OFF

  • From: "Alex K." <2013@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 11:28:09 +0200

Hi,

after playing around in the past I also got to following conclusion:

1. Grafics Card Driver: In the Catalylist Control Center (CCC) under "My
digital Displays->Display Colors"  EDID (Extended Display Identification
Data) should be turned OFF (!)
My experience: I Set it to 6500 K in CCC as I also wanted to calibrate for
6500 K in agryllcms.
Alternative: Do not install catalyst Control center if you do not need it.
Why I use Catalyst control center? -> to underclock (!) my grafics card.
This makes the fan noise very silent.

2. Monitor: Turn on a wide gamut mode in Dell u2711 (directly in the Monitor
OSD-Menu): possible selections for the wide gamut modes: Standard, Adobe RGB
and  custom
(Advantage (?) in custom mode: you can manually tune RGB directly on the
monitor).

3. On Win 7 64 Bit use the Patch from Graeme Gill

This three steps delivered pleasing wide gamut resuls on my system (Dell
2711, Colormunki Display, Radeon HD 6800, Win 7 64 Bit)

Thanks again

Alex

PS: I write the whole setup as maybe someone else is having the same
problems....