[argyllcms] Re: AW: Wide gamut: Only sRGB [SOLVED] for Win 7 64 Bit !!!

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:48:23 +1000

Alex K. wrote:
> After applying th following patch (which was provided by Graeme Gill):
> <http://www.argyllcms.com/disptools_win64.zip>
> (Installation: just copy the included exe-files in the Argyllcms-bin-Folder
> and overwrite the old files)
>
> I now get:
>
> Gamut coverage: 99,6 % sRGB, 93,4% Adobe RGB
> Gamut Volume: 152,3 % sRGB, 105% Adobe RGB
>
> -> The Patch for Win 7 64 Bit is working!
> I now get a profile with wide gamut as expected!

Hi,
        that's good to hear, but rather unexpected. The puzzles are:

* where MSWin is getting the display information from to emulate sRGB ?
* under what circumstances is it color management being turned on by default in
DC's ?
* why can't I see such an effect on my test system ?

This
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd372199%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>
hints that it may be possible, but it's not clear what causes and output profile
to be assumed.